Torbay Taxis Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Torbay Taxis Limited of 55 Belgrave Road, Torquay, TQ2 5HZ.
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
* Information that you provide to us on the telephone, on our website (www.torbaytaxis.co.uk) (“our site”) or on our mobile application (“our app”). This includes information provided at the time of making bookings for our services or for any other reason if you need to make a complaint or report a problem with our site or our app.
* If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. If you contact us by telephone, your telephone call will be recorded.
* Details of transactions you carry out through our site or our app and of the fulfilment of your bookings.
* Details of your visits to our site and our app and the resources that you access.
2. IP ADDRESSES AND DEVICE INFORMATION
2.1 we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
2.2 We may collect information about your mobile telephone or handheld device (“Device”) or any computer you may use to download or stream a copy of our app onto your Device, including, where available the Device’s or Computer’s unique Devise identifiers, operating system, browser type and mobile network information as well as the Device’s telephone number, for system administration.
2.3 When you use one of our location-enabled services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. Some of our services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use a particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. Your consent can be withdrawn at any time by switching off the location-based services on your Device. If you require further details of how we use location based services, you can request such information by contacting us at email@example.com
4. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
4.2 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share the password with anyone.
4.3 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site or our app; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION we use information held about you in the following ways:
* to carry out our obligations arising from any bookings that you have made with us
* to ensure that content from our site and our app is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
* to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
* To notify you about changes to our service.
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION we will not disclose your information to any third parties unless legally obliged.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.